Get Started at Bronx CookSpace
Bronx CookSpace is currently closed for renovations. We will reopen in Spring 2023.
Starting your food business at Bronx CookSpace is easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Get to know us
Contact us to schedule a tour and meet with one of our experienced staff members. We’ll ask you some basic questions about your business and help you navigate the process to get your business up and running.
2. Do your homework
Before you can rent space in the kitchen, you must provide us with the following:
- Your business plan
- Certificate of Incorporation (stamped to show it was filed with the New York State Department of State)
- Certificate of Insurance for General Liability (and Workers Compensation if you are hiring employees)
- Proof of Sales Tax Collecting Authority
- Proof of Home Address
- Photo ID
- Food Protection Certificate from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH)
- One of the following food business licenses:
- Caterers or entrepreneurs who are planning to sell ready-to-eat food at street fairs or other events in New York City must obtain a Food Service Establishment (FSE) permit from DOH.
- Entrepreneurs who are making food products for retail and/or wholesale must obtain a Food Processing Establishment License from the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets (Ag & Markets)
3. Create an account and choose a Price Plan
Once we’ve received all the documents listed above, we’ll activate your online account, which you can use to book kitchen time and pay your bill. You can choose the price plan that’s right for you, based on the number of hours you expect to use each month. Dry and cold storage cages are available for rent by the month for an additional fee.
4. Get Cooking!
Kitchen time is booked by the hour on a first come, first served basis. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. Just sign into your account, choose your kitchen and choose your time. Our staff is here to help!
[email protected] – 718-839-1105
Frequently Asked Questions
I just want to rent the kitchen for a single catering gig/photo shoot/pop up, etc. Can I do that?
It depends. Contact us for more information.
Do you provide financial assistance?
We offer discounted rates for qualified low-income individuals. Contact us for more information.